Recirculation System and Attributes of Ball Screws
One of the several component seen throughout factory automation applications are ball screws.Assembly uses the rotary motion of the screw to actuate the nut in a linear direction, the same concept seen with a bolt and nut. Recirculating steel balls along the screw groove within the nut will achieve a smooth linear motion of a ball screw. The motion characteristics of the ball screw may differ to steel ball recirculation method.
Main Types of Recirculation:
Steel balls are recirculated by the end caps mounted within each end. Ball recirculation tunnels are constructed within the nut’s inner wall. Good with high speed operations.
Deflectors are embedded on the nut outer tube to return the balls over the screw shaft per each lead. Suitable for compact designs.
Return tubes are mounted outside of the nut. The ease of assembly makes this suitable for mass production, however the overall size is relatively large compared to other methods.
Uses guide plates or deflectors instead of the return tubes, and is good for making the design compact.
END CAP DEFLECTOR RETURN TUBE
Related Industry Knowledge
- Comparison of cold rolled and lappe...
- TBI ball screw is also known as bal...
- About rack processing
- Four heat treatment processes of pl...
- Precision gearcar burizing and quen...
- Calculation of planetary gear ratio
- The Time Line of Gears
- Ball Screws Used for Latest Innovat...
- Comparison between Rolled and Groun...
- Characteristics of spline
- Design and processing technology of...
- Noise on gear box
- Characteristics of gear box
- Simple overview of the gear box
- experience on pulleys
- Pulley Assembly considerations
- Pulley installation and removal
- Pulley standard
- Belt wheel drive advantages